From: "Jun'ichi Nomura" <[email-masked]>

bio_alloc_bioset() will return NULL if 'num_vecs' is too large.
Use bio_get_nr_vecs() to get estimation of maximum number.

Signed-off-by: "Jun'ichi Nomura" <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Alasdair G Kergon <[email-masked]>

---
 drivers/md/dm-io.c |    4 +++-
 1 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

Index: linux-2.6.21/drivers/md/dm-io.c
===================================================================
--- linux-2.6.21.orig/drivers/md/dm-io.c	2007-05-10 22:49:57.000000000 +0100
+++ linux-2.6.21/drivers/md/dm-io.c	2007-05-14 17:15:24.000000000 +0100
@@ -293,7 +293,9 @@ static void do_region(int rw, unsigned i
 		 * bvec for bio_get/set_region() and decrement bi_max_vecs
 		 * to hide it from bio_add_page().
 		 */
-		num_bvecs = (remaining / (PAGE_SIZE >> SECTOR_SHIFT)) + 2;
+		num_bvecs = remaining / (PAGE_SIZE >> SECTOR_SHIFT);
+		num_bvecs = 1 + min_t(int, bio_get_nr_vecs(where->bdev),
+				      num_bvecs);
 		bio = bio_alloc_bioset(GFP_NOIO, num_bvecs, io->client->bios);
 		bio->bi_sector = where->sector + (where->count - remaining);
 		bio->bi_bdev = where->bdev;